(CNN Spanish) — The Government of Spain will grant economic aid to low-income families, a check for 200 euros that was approved at the end of June as part of a series of measures to deal with the economic and social consequences of the war in Ukraine.
According to him Royal decree law published in the Official State Gazette (BOE), the aid consists of a single payment for those families who are in a situation of vulnerability due to the rise in prices in recent months due to the energy crisis caused by Russia’s invasion of Ukraine .
In Spain, the inflation rate reached 10.2% in June, according to advanced data from the National Institute of Statistics (INE)the highest level since 1985. Among the most notable increases are transport, food and energy, which affect the income of the population with the least income to a greater extent.
This financial aid is managed by the State Tax Administration Agency and can be requested from July 8.
Here we tell you who can request this check, the requirements and how you can request it.
What are the requirements to be able to cash the check for 200 euros?
They can ask for the check of 200 euros both the unemployed and the salaried and self-employed, as long as they have low income. These are the requirements that must be met:
- Have legal and effective residence in Spain and have had it continuously and uninterruptedly during the immediately preceding year
- Be registered at the employment office or be registered with Social Security, as the case may be
- Reside in households in which the sum of the income received by the cohabitants is less than 14,000 euros in 2021
- Your assets, discounting the habitual residence, do not exceed 43,196.4 euros
Take into account that those people who receive the minimum vital income or retirement pensions will not be able to receive this aid.
How to request the check for 200 euros?
People who meet the aforementioned requirements may request the aid of 200 euros until September 30, 2022.
To request the check it is necessary to fill out a electronic form available on the website of the Tax Agency. For this, it is essential to have the digital certificate or Cl@ve (the Electronic Identity platform for Administrations).
- The applicant must enter the NIF, as well as that of the people who live in the same address. It is not mandatory to record the NIF of minors under 14 years of age who do not have it.
- It is not necessary to provide any documentation but a bank account (the owner must be the applicant) to which you want the aid to be transferred.
After a period of three months from the end of the term for submitting the form without having made the payment, the request may be deemed rejected.